Shifts: Training Schedule as follows
- Sunday - Part Time: 7:00am to 1:00pm (with possibility of more hours)
- Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday Part Time: 1:00pm to 7:00pm
Shifts: Commencement of full time schedule if applicable as follows
Sunday thru Thursday- 6:00 am – 2:30pm or Monday – Friday 11:30am – 8:00pm
What we require:
- Safety conscious / positive up-beat attitude
- Punctual / responsible
- A cooperative team player / reliable
- Someone who can work independently, with little supervision
- A quick learner for a fast-paced environment
- Takes pride in quality and accuracy of work
- Physical stamina
This is one of the most integral job positions within the company. You will be required to package the raw materials (handling raw meats) which will entail:
- Weighing the product with accuracy
- Using the grinding machinery (Training Provided)
- Using a saw for cutting bones, (Training Provided)
- Mixing product
- Using packaging machinery (Training Provided)
- Using a cryovac machine to seal the product
- Labelling each package
- “Traying” the product and inventorying product in walk in freezer
- Other tasks to ensure production deadlines are met, such as but not limited to filling bags, sealing, traying & labelling.
- Cleaning any station and machinery used (multiple stations for different products). This is an integral part of the position and will consume 30% of your production time.
- 3P takes safety and cleanliness very seriously, which means all staff must adopt a professional attitude toward ensuring a clean work environment. (5S Cleaning)
- Responsible for safety, ensuring best practices are followed
Reports to: Acting Supervisor for shift (Production Supervisor, Grinding Supervisor, Night Shift Manager)
- Willingness to contribute to a safe work environment by following all Company health and safety rules and policies.
- Be willing and able to follow processes, procedures, and/or instructions from supervisor or lead hand.
- Work collaboratively with other team members through mutual respect
- Reasonably good communication skills
- Mathematical skills necessary to fulfill this job
- Minimum of High School Education
- Ability to work and contribute to a creative, fun and positive team environment
- WHMIS certificate preferred
- Food Safe an asset
- Able to stand for 5-8 hours a day
- Able to lift 20+ kg buckets repetitively throughout your shift
- To complete repetitive motions, such as filling bags, labelling
- Able to work in a cold environment: several walk-in freezers
Remuneration: Training Wage is $13 per hour (first 2 weeks), then $15 hour.
Benefits: Medical & Dental for full time employees, with the option for part time to buy-in to the extended plan; random bonuses and more; discounted pet food.